Baby Hannatu Foundation (BHF) was founded to provide selfless service to humanity, especially the poor who cannot afford top class medical services. BHF therefore engages only in activities that will enhance its ability to contribute to the improvement of the well being of humanity, especially the less privileged.
BHF was establish in 2003 to commemorate the 5th year anniversary of the birth of BabyHannatu, Nisa Premier Hospital’s first successful test tube baby, first scientifically verified and government authenticated test tube baby in Nigeria.
BHF is a network of socially responsible individuals and corporate bodies that share the organization’s vision and are committed to supporting its advancement financially and morally.
Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria registered BHF as a Charity under (RC: No. 15284).
- To broaden the access to advanced fertility treatments, such as In Vitro Fertility (IVF) across Nigeria.
- To advance the research into Sickle Cell Anaemia prevention in unborn children, through Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD).
- To support fertility treatments for 1000 childless couples across Nigeria who are unable to afford it.
- To support the establishment of a world class centre in Abuja for research towards prevention of sickle cell anaemia in Nigeria.
For couples to access BHF’s subsidized fertility and sickle cell anaemia procedure, the female beneficiary must be less than 40 years old, and without a child. There must also be a clear medical indication for treatment.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Support the education of health professionals in the area of fertility and Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD).
- Provide a helpline to childless couples.
- Financial and material support to subsidize the cost of treatment for childless couples.
- Support the healthcare needs of baby Hannatu till the age of eighteen.
- Raise funds from individuals, corporate organisations towards our set objectives.
- Collaborate with relevant local and international agencies to achieve set goals.
OUR ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
For the smooth administration of BHF, implementation of objectives and the attainment of its vision, an effective organisational structure which comprises a management committee and ground staff have been put in place.
BHF has a five member BOT, chief executive officer, an executive secretary, and four head of units (accounting, publicity, medical advisory and welfare).
HOW YOU CAN HELP CHILDLESS COUPLES
You may donate by cheque or bank draft or cash payables to Baby Hannatu Foundation;
You May contribute scientific materials, medications, or books/journals that will be useful to fertility/PGD treatments.
For further enquiries, please contact:
09094300287, 0803 331 1931, 0803 314 1606